How to Become a Christian - A Follower of Jesus Christ
1. You must realize you need a more meaningful life than what you have. You need to know that you are not what God intends you to be, and you are separated from God because of your sin. Sin is anything which prevents you from being obedient to God and becoming more Christ-like.
2. There is a need to repent of your sins. Repentance means a turning point when you have given up your way of life for God's way of life. One who repents has had a total change of direction in their life
Acts 2:38; John 10:10
II Corinthians 5:17
3. At the time of repentance you believe by faith that Christ saves you. Your belief places you in a 'saving' relationship with God. You are no longer condemned and without Christ, but now belong to God.
4. When a person becomes a believer he needs to serve the Lord. Our life is not one of 'lip service' but deeds. Deeds are not what save us but are the proof of our salvation.
James 2:17-18, 20, 26
5. You grow as a Christian through prayer, Bible study, and service. These three elements are the means through which you gain Christ-likeness.
II Timothy 2:15